- I found the idea for these invites online. I loved the way they came out! Those of you who came to the party might be saying … ‘hmmm I never received one of those fabulous invites’. For reasons out of my control I never got to send them out , but darn it they will be seen lol. I cut out all the construction paper shapes with my Cricut and attached them with scrap booking brads. Then, I printed all of the party details on label paper , cut them out , stuck them on and TADA!
- I found these paper goods in the clearance section at the best store in the universe....that’s right Target .SCORE!!!! I always buy a few themed paper goods then I find cheaper solid color paper goods that match and mix them in .It’s a big money saver.
- These stuffed animal Very Hungry Caterpillars from Kohl’s made great centerpieces .They also doubled as prizes for the games we played. *Bonus: These $5 stuffed animals were part of the Kohl’s cares program so the money went to a good cause http://www.kohlscorporation.com/communityrelations/community01.htm *
- I planned (what I thought to be), some awesome activities but apparently the playground was way cooler. I had to tear the kids away to get them to participate lol. We played a Feed the Caterpillar Toss Game, Pin the Caterpillar on the Apple game, and we hit a Butterfly Piñata .I also had a table with themed crafts on it for the kids to do when they got tired of running around the playground ( however , apparently kids don't ever get tired of running around playgrounds lol).
One of the many Caterpillar Crafts. We used ribbon and beads to create very hungry book marks.
- One of my favorite things was this guest book. I bought the book ( $5 Kohl’s again), and had all the guest write a message to Ella inside. It’s something we can keep for a memory for years to come.
- For Ella’s cake I saved time and my sanity by purchasing green cupcakes from Albertson's . My mom made and assembled the rest of this adorable cake ( Thanks Mom xoxo ). The cake board was wrapped in some rainbow polka dot paper from Target and I added a "Ella" sign to the corner of the board for an extra touch.
Thanks to all the Bloggers who gave me / sparked these great ideas. I would credit you personally but I looked at so many blogs that they've formed a Pangaea like picture in my mind lol. Hope you got some helpful ideas and have as much fun with this theme as I did J