html/javSCRIPT

Sweet Smell of Gingerbread ...magnets


A fun , quick and easy craft I like to do this time of year is make( fake ), Ginger Bread dough. The recipe is so easy to make and it smells FABULOUS!I make this dough into Gingerbread man shaped ornaments every year for my class and they're always a big hit.This year I made them into magnets this year.

1. Combine equal parts cinnamon and applesauce along with a smidgen of white Elmer's glue
( yes I said smidgen).

2.Get your hand in there and mix away.you might want to wear latex gloves because I usually have orange Oompa Loompa hands when I'm done.

3.Make the dough into tangerine sized balls.They should be able to keep whatever shape you squeeze them into. If it is crumbling add more applesauce , if it is mushy add more cinnamon.

4. Use a gingerbread man shaped cookie cutter to cut the dough into an adorable shape.
Let air dry for a day and very carefully flip the gingerbread man over.Let dry one more day .

5.Once dry place cream colored puff paint on the man in icing shaped designs.


Voila ! A delicious smelling and adorable holiday craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment